Monday, October 13, 2008

Upcoming Books

As some of you may know, my sister was recently in town. I was taking advantage of her lovely employee discount and trying to buy all of my books for the up coming months. I found a few problems.

Problem 1: While I love Kirstin for making a little calendar it is very difficult to read (even after it has been blown up). So, Please see the list below.

Problem 2: The book for December is no longer in print. I've done some research and it is available on Amazon.com.

Problem 3: The books for January and February are still in print but are not available at the Philly Library. They don't even exist there and neither does the one for December. I thought the whole point of a library was to have books. These books are also available on Amazon.com.

UPCOMING BOOKS:

November: About a Boy by Nick Hornby
December: I'm Not the New Me by Wendy McClure
January: The Kin of Ata are Waiting for You by Dorothy Bryant
February: The Four Letters of Love by Niall Williams


Just an idea, maybe after we read November's book, About a Boy we can discuss and then watch the movie.

3 comments:

heather said...

hi guys,

unfortunately i don't think i can make it to this month's book club meeting :( i haven't been able to get the book and wouldn't receive it in time if i ordered it off amazon now. but i'll see you in november!

heather

Anita said...

I like the idea of seeing the movie :)

deanna said...

hi! i had wanted to join the book club at the last minute (and heard back from you guys right before it), but caught a stomach bug that night. i'm picking up the nov. book this week and definitely plan on attending the next meeting. can't wait to meet you all!